BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: MCA sponsors the Annual Fall Institute and various other training opportunities throughout the year including monthly workshops.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATES/TRACKER: MCA has an active Legislative Committee who partners with our Legislative Liaison to represent MCA at the Capital and to provide you timely updates on legislative issues which may impact the corrections industry.
- NEWSLETTER: The MCA FORUM is for you and about you, a bi-monthly e-newsletter for current correctional issues of concern to you.
- NETWORKING: An opportunity to work with other concerned correctional professionals to make a better correctional system for both clients and practitioners.
- WEBSITE: A comprehensive website (www.mn-ca.org) that provides timely information on MCA activities and issues impacting corrections in Minnesota.
- JOB POSTINGS: A list of job postings from all over the State. Federal, County, and State job postings as well as corrections related businesses and organizations.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: MCA provides an annual scholarship for any member or dependent of a current member who will be an incoming or enrolled in an accredited two or four-year college, university, or technical school.
- TAX-DEDUCTIBLE MEMBERSHIP: MCA is a 501(c)3 and your membership is tax deductible.
Membership is for 12 months. If your agency is paying for your membership you can give them the invoice that will be e-mailed to you immediately upon completion of your on-line MCA membership application.
MCA annual memberships are available to meet you or your organization's needs:
- Individual Annual Membership ($35)
- Individual Annual Memberships for MARRCH & MSSA & MACPO Members New Members to MCA who also have a membership with affiliate organizations are eligible to join for $25 for their first year. Contact the MCA Office to receive this discount.)
- Student yearly membership* ($10)
- Business yearly membership/includes 2 members ($100)
- Retiree lifetime membership ($50) For a Limited Time, retired Corrections Professionals can Contact the MCA Office to have the 1 year active individual membership requirement waived.
*Student Memberships: To qualify for a student membership, you must be enrolled in an undergrad program full time in an accredited college without full time employment. If employed, it may not be in the field of corrections.